Enjoy Minecraft? Check out ProdigyCraft!
  1. William

William
  2. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Hello prodigies,

First I want to start off by apologizing to all of you who have been trying to get this across to me, with my limited time I've been pushing this topic off for way too long and it's come back to haunt us as you can see with our decrease in our playerbase since mid-January.

Since this has been a hot topic in the past month or so, I wanted to address it and get your feedback on what we can do to improve. Many veterans have come forward and expressed their disinterest in the server because of the issues we're having maintaining a stable economy. I know we can come to agreements on some of the ideas that I have already, but I want to hear your ideas as well.

I've decided I will be cancelling the weekly update for next Sunday and instead spending my time (Fri, Sat, Sun) working on improving the current state of our economy as well as putting systems/money sinks in place to keep it stable in the long-term.

Some of my ideas include (thanks to other members for inspiring some of these):
    • Continue to tweak online store prices and move all available items to their lucky item counterparts (which have the same stats and effects but are untradeable), this is what we did with spirit shields on the online store, and we can still do it for godswords, arma/bandos, etc
    • Discontinue all custom donations, we really haven't been doing much, maybe one or two a week - but I've decided its time to have a zero tolerance policy; online store donations only from now on
    • Cleanse the grand exchange every month, giving players 5 day notice to move their items out of course. This will keep the G.E fresh and get rid of all the junk / stagnant items that are in there
    • Start moving resources out of shops and into PvM drop tables; this will force players to gather skilling resources from monsters (to trade/sell for cash or use for skilling)
    • Implement spirit shards or castle wars tickets (cash holders)
    • Implement item degrading for all or some of these sets: nex armor, barrows armor, pvp armor; degrading would be fairly slow and you will be able to repair the pieces for a small cash fee
    • Improve the rewards from the Well of Good Fortune (maybe tie this into a loyalty system, unlocking outfits and titles)

I'm looking forward to what everyone has to say. I know a lot of you are upset over this topic and I want to make sure it's resolved ASAP. I am very discouraged that many of our veterans are leaving on a weekly basis. But it's not too late to turn things around. Please contribute your ideas so I can get started.

As always, happy gaming,

William

3. Redrum

Redrum
  4. Joined:
    Oct 4, 2015

Better to address something later than never, although the economy has already taken a large toll. A lot of veterans such as @Heavy , @Duane , @Triage namely when speaking to them already knew when we launched with the same ::store implemented as before that the economy was going to go to shit. I cannot blame the veterans for not sticking around to see it turn to what it has again.

“Tweak Online Store Prices” - As @MineTurtle has mentioned many players donate for wealth, so I don’t really see making items lucky a necessary change to help combat the P2W system. I absolutely love the idea of donor boxes that @Kinben has brought up many times before. Players can’t directly donate to avoid hours of PvM. There’s a chance system, but they can sell sell off their rewards from the boxes. Don’t make the loot utter shit from them, you can tier boxes for low grade equipment / high grade. Even rare boxes that cost a good amount to keep rares value. Making items lucky doesn’t stop the undermining players who PvM for their gear. Really hope we look into boxes. (Loot boxes are hated because they’re successful, players love gambling btw)

“Discontinue all Custom Donations” - I can agree with this. Unless it’s an insane amount that could help the server for something not entirely beneficial / unfair other players, I wouldn’t mind a zero tolerance on this.

“Cleanse the Grand Exchange every month” - I personally don’t see the necessity in this as junk items would just stay unbought anyways, then the staff team would have to deal with players who left for a while or don’t read forums not knowing they implemented this.

“Skilling Items into PvM” - RS3 and OSRS make this mistake, unless skilling is a lot faster at gathering these resources I can’t really get behind this. Skilling items should be obtained from Skilling.

“Spirit shards or Castle wars Tickets” - The main reason players hoard is because of the inability to store their wealth elsewhere. I don’t care if players hoard, it’s their wealth they’ve obtained. If they had a way to store wealth I guardantee we’d get more items going into the economy.

“Item degrading” - I’m concerned as to what a little amount of GP Means. If it’s 10 hours of degrading then players should be able to easily make more than 50M especially in full Nex gear. A few million GP sink wouldn’t combat much.

“Improve the rewards from Well of Goodwill” - This well relies entirely on players giving up their wealth, and for the most valued items or just GP. There definitely needs to be more motivation to contribute orher than an xp/drop boost/titles. Players like flashy gear, maybe look into @Kinben ’s idea with castle wars tickets. Allow all items instead of just nex/ss/rares to be added so players that may have 200 whips stocked up can get rid of them.

Wrote this on mobile, sorry if there’s errors or it’s formatted weirdly. Just my opinion on the proposed ideas.

5. Mike

Mike
  6. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2017

good ideas but the real problem i see with the eco is the amount of cash flowing in from slayer and other ways.
    Make vestas break
    make nex sets have charges and it costs A lot to fix! we had this problem on cloudin and it make the eco so much cleaner.

7. Magilicious

Magilicious
  8. Joined:
    Mar 28, 2016
    Community Manager

I personally don't know a lot about this kind of stuff but its good to see you are going to do something about it.

Dj Slimey likes this.
  9. Dj Slimey

Dj Slimey
  10. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016

I have to agree, all this would do is point out who donated what.. While players who donate for their gear wouldn't be able to add to the Eco, on the flip side I wouldn't expect those who did donate to then PvM for gear that is "stat wise" the same.

This can be a very bad.. It's like when the community fridge all of a sudden has the "At the end of the week items left in the fridge will be thrown out" sign shoved onto it.. There will be backlash..
    You could do something like "After 2 weeks of not being bought or sold the transaction is canceled" all the player will have to redo their transaction.

Yes, skiling items should be obtained by skilling and PvM (this includes passives like hunter, thieving, clues and ckeys)
    Having a store for skilling is fine.. but when players only use the store for skilling it takes away from how the game is designed.
    Right now we have an issue getting players to PvM, don't get rid of the store options.. Just nerf the stores so that they aren't so OP, so that players are inclined to go out and PvM for their items.(Stores like Summoning and Herb I think would be exceptions as they don't really have good amounts or drop rates from anything other then Boss's.) Having the ability to buy from the store is GOOD, just as long as it's not the main focus. Having GE auto sell skill items can be good, but items that can be easily gotten in mass amount elsewhere shouldn't be auto sold.
    *raw sharks*

@Redrum are you saying that Eco is the way it is because of stakers buying items as place holders?
    While I agree players hoarding is a thing and stakers having an issues with cash flow is a problem. Tbh I think that atm we have bigger problems, I think our player base is to small to be worried about Gambling/Dueling/Staking/Etc. maybe if we had like 100 players daily but rn if we have 20 at any given time we're lucky. This should be looked into and changed, but it shouldn't be a priority.

I've never been a fan of item degradation, I've accepted the fact that barrows does it.. I don't like it, I might own a set but I'll hardly use it. Adding this mechanic to higher end sets would just deter me from wanting to use them, It's like Corrupted Dragon or Ancient Warrior's sets at some point it doesn't pay to use them and they just become a status symbol. If 50M was the amount to fully repair each piece (Top 50M, Bottom 50M Etc.) then I could get on board with this as I feel this would be more stable price point but if its 50M for only a few hrs of use then "Yeah, No".

I think that the current restrictions like what Redrum said are a little to high for the average player, if we brought it down to "trash" items like ckey and uncommon drops it would be way to OP but if we did something like Barrows, GWD and Minor Boss drops we would be opening it up to not only "more players" having access but the potential for PvM would also go up.

~Will I ever need this many whips?
    -Maybe someday.-
    *Buys all the whips*

William and Redrum like this.
  11. Redrum

Redrum
  12. Joined:
    Oct 4, 2015

No I'm not saying the economy is like this way due to players holding items, I'm saying they're holding items because there's no other way to store mass amounts of wealth in a game where wealth is easily accessible. Gambling was an absolutely huge part of 2012 RS and still is in OSRS and I don't mind it staying implemented personally. It is a reason for players to quit when they're cleaned, but there's seemingly no way to stop that from happening.

suggestion;;; 1 whip = 10m dung exp

Dj Slimey likes this.
  13. matheus1

matheus1
  14. Joined:
    Dec 28, 2015

Implement item degrading
    Cleanse the grand exchange every month

Two bad ideas

William likes this.
  15. Dj Slimey

Dj Slimey
  16. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016

I can see the frustration of getting cleaned but why would you leave? (rage quitting really)
    You knew what you were getting into before you staked. Isn't the whole point of staking to get that rush of wining and losing.
    Like you don't stop you because you lost you keep going, it's sorta how it works.

17. Redrum

Redrum
  18. Joined:
    Oct 4, 2015

T
    There’s currently no way for coins to leave the game other than construction which isn’t a huge sink, there needs to be something that doesn’t solely rely on players making a willing “donation”, we need a sink. Degrading items is annoying but it’s not there solely to be annoying

19. Scump

Scump
  20. Joined:
    May 6, 2016

Im really down for the spirit shard idea. Really helps get items rolling in the game, so alot of us don't have to hoard items because they can't hold the cash.

21. Kinben

Kinben
  22. Joined:
    Oct 6, 2017

If you honestly want my two cents... Prepare yourself. @William

• Continue to tweak online store prices and move all available items to their lucky item counterparts - There's a huge problem with this as it currently stands, we can't simply "Tweak" prices anymore. There needs to be a fine guideline on items you either A. Want to change the price of or B. Removal of the item entirely. Partyhats / Rares / Nex Sets should of either been completely discontinued from the store awhile back otherwise changed into something of an actual rarity. I myself as a pvmer would HATE to login for the first time ever and see somebody wearing Full Pernix with a partyhat set and the most Op weaponry / armor in the game. ( I have heard of lot of people say this myself)

• Discontinue all custom donations - Personally I myself am not a big fan of Custom items but I do know they bring in a fair share of income to the server. I still believe for a fact that you should not be able to completely straight up buy your own item from the Donation store and that it should be differed by a chance system like a Mystery Box. Otherwise, you're going to end up with what you have right now. Roughly 100 Nex sets in the economy and maybe 20-30% of them have been actually killed for the drop. (Still believe it's even lower than this amount)

• Cleanse the grand exchange every month - I'm not sure at what you're referring to here as Dj had been saying, if you're going to toss items into a binny if players forgot about the item or quit, what if these items were donated for? The players at hand would be absolutely furious. I would too. You should never throw away an item forcefully, it's the players choice if they want to ;;empty or not. Not yours, you create a money sink in game to remove GP this is the wrong way to go about doing so.

• Start moving resources out of shops and into PvM drop tables - This is what Jagex did and I'm pretty sure they did a pretty nice job doing so. This is what livens up the Ironman community as a whole. Things aren't taken for granted and aren't piss easy because you can just buy items and skills from shops. You should revamp the stores with the TOTAL NUMBER of the items being sold AND THE PRICES of each item sold. The Total number of items sold should be based off of the active player base so it doesn't drought in confusion when you're sitting with 200 players online and the only time anyone can buy an uncut dragonstone is when the server resets. (IF YOU DO FIX THIS YOU WILL NOTICE BY THE NUMBER OF INCREASED IRONMAN ACCOUNTS.)

• Implement spirit shards or castle wars tickets (cash holders) - Personally, Will. This is probably going to happen if you like it or not, Stakers love these things and they make use for great staking videos. They can provide more promotion for your own economy than hurt it. The only time it will hurt it is when duping is involved. By the way, I can't even pvm anymore because if I get a duplicate I try to sell it. But I can't sell my items because I have 2 max cash stacks ingame and I'm not about to go off and pvm with a max cash stack in my inventory.

• Implement item degrading for all or some of these sets - This one is a bit tricky but I think it would liven up the community more, people will complain as it's a loss of gp in their own banks, that's really just a given. It is a much needed money sink though. Example given such as paying 20mil for 5 hours for each piece of nex gear used in combat or 5,000 hits something to that extent. That would toss you 100m cash out the window every 5 hours. Statius, Vestas, Morrigans and Zuriels should have this implemented too but no repair cost just dust. This way players will have to go back into the wilderness to re-get more sets of armor from Revenants and Chaos Elemental providing more pkers to join the community.

• Improve the rewards from the Well of Good Fortune - Currently I think what your idea is alright but I think the price of titles should honestly be higher. This is a private server and money comes quite easily over time. As for Runescape you don't want to match the costs for a title as it's a driven goal to achieve titles in Runescape and it can be the same here in Prodigy-X. Pvmer's love to seep money into things that look flashy like Titles, Dyes and Cosmetics. Make it big so you think they may have to stick around. Throwing up 5 billion gp or item value onto a title? I could get 4-5 nex drops and end up with that title in 2 days max.

Matt, Mike and William like this.
  23. William

William
  24. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep it coming!

25. Mike

Mike
  26. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2017

i agree with all of this, we need place holders and we need a big money skink! and my god mystery boxes! people went crazy for them on ci and id donate for them here just for shits and gigs.

27. Video

Video
  28. Joined:
    Nov 14, 2015

I don't know if this was mentioned, don't have a minute to read this all the way through. If this already exists then obviously ignore it. But make ironman mode so they cannot drop any items, if they do they are insta cleared, and full eco reset. ez k thanks

29. Jason_07

Jason_07
  30. Joined:
    Nov 2, 2017

I think these are all pretty good ideas to some extent. Not sure how players might feel about removing skilling items from the shop? Seems to be more of a grind. I personally don’t mind but not sure about that one. Also maybe the idea we had in staff Chat @Eric @Stephen? Not sure how we feel about that or exactly what was decided on that though. Basically a gp sink for a “ticket” x amount of gp = 1 ticket. Rewards for this could include maybe a custom that isn’t trade able? Or maybe an irl item? Definitely need improvement though. If any way I can help, feel free to let me know. We need a bigger community and great eco. Would be more than happy to contribute in any way I’m allowed.

31. Dj Slimey

Dj Slimey
  32. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016

So just like "Trivia Points" you can redeem for ingame items, but you get "tickets" from dumping gp into say the well of good fortune?
    How is adding more of the same into PX gonna help?
    This feels like a temporary sink like construction was..

33. kurby 123

kurby 123
  34. Joined:
    Aug 1, 2016

maybe add 1b tickets pls or 100m tickets or even have unlimited money in the pouch so players didn't have to buy 5 phat sets and 5 nex's to remove their cash

35. Venom Snake

Venom Snake
  36. Joined:
    Nov 28, 2015

Terrible idea with how easy duplication methods are to find.

37. Redrum

Redrum
  38. Joined:
    Oct 4, 2015

Then players would store their wealth in high valued gear such as nex sets/spirit shields, and players will complain when there's none of these items circulating. Spirit shards have been implemented so that'll help some with wealth.

39. Duane

Duane
  40. Joined:
    May 17, 2015

trying to fix the eco is one thing, but the main reason which i quit was because of the lack of content worth doing, in my eyes there was only 2 bosses worth killing and you get worn out so easily doing them, most servers which keeps a decent player count has plenty of bosses worth doing with a variety of high tier gear to obtain, having only nex items being the high tier gear makes it so nex is the only thing worth killing which is a bore after killing it 200+ times

Murge and Mike like this.