Enjoy Minecraft? Check out ProdigyCraft!
  1. William

William
  2. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Hello prodigies,

This will be a complete guide to diagnosing any game client issues you may face during your time playing Prodigy-X. Although we strive for our client to be flawless, there can often be issues with your connection to our server, or issues on your end. We try our best to assist those who run into issues with the game client, but often times matters are out of our hands and simply googling your issue may yield you better results!

Client is stuck on 0%

This is one of the main issues users face with the game client. A list of reasons can be found below, and some tips:

- Your internet connection has dropped or is too low to make a connection to our server.
    - Your computer is simply having a hard time connecting to our server.
    - Our dedicated server is having a hard time accepting connections (possibly under DDoS attack).
    - You have been computer, MAC, or IP banned from our game client.
    - Your cache is corrupted and cannot load properly (you must delete it and reload your client).
    - Our server is offline and not accepting connections

With the above possibilities, all can usually be resolved by either restarting your client, or deleting your cache.

Client is stuck on a percent other than 0%

This is almost always caused by a corrupted cache. Simply head to your user folder on your desktop and search for the folder named 'Prodigy-X'. Delete this whole folder, and restart your client (then wait).

Client shows a strange red/black screen, before or after loading

This is a recent issue that has been traced directly to the DirectX graphics mode. Many runescape private servers are compiling their clients with a later version of Java, which has been found to corrupt the DirectX library in the client. However; even your Java version has an impact on this, and sometimes even your graphic drivers. Before contacting an administrator about this issue, please try the following:

- Delete your cache, client, and redownload + reload.
    - Update your java to the latest version.
    - Update your graphic drivers to the latest version.

If none of these steps yield success, you have no other alternative but to use the OpenGL graphic mode. We apologize for this inconvenience and we are working on ways to get around this issue. Stay tuned.

Client has loaded but you cannot login

If your client has loaded, you have made some success. However, there can be issues with your account that are caught at the login server. Our client error messages will let you know the basic issue with your login. They range from banned account, to invalid username/password, to invalid login server, or world is full. If you receive the latter two error messages, this means our server is most likely offline, or your game account is corrupted/nulled - contact an administrator for further assistance.

This guide should help with the most common of client issues; when I have more free time, I will write-up the less common issues and ways to diagnose them so you can get in game!

We are always improving our game client, and we apologize for any issues you may run in too. Please feel free to contact an administrator or game developer if you cannot diagnose your client issues after reading this guide.

Thanks, and as always, happy gaming,

The Prodigy-X Team

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. Thanks William. Actually got my friend on to play thanks to this guide!
    Cheers

4. MineTurtle

MineTurtle
  5. Joined:
    Mar 3, 2015

Hopefully this will help all the players that have an issue with their client!

6. MelonTits

MelonTits
  7. Joined:
    Mar 3, 2015

Hope this is pinned! should help those experiencing problems

8. So how do i delete my cache?

9. Meow

Meow
  10. Joined:
    Apr 15, 2015

You need to delete the Prodigy-X/prodigyx_cache folder. follow the path shown in the picture, but obviously it'll be your name.

[​IMG]

11. Meow i've done everything buy the client won't work... i just keep getting the black and red lines.... I'll be on teamspeak waiting for someone to help me... forums is too slow

12. William

William
  13. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Have you resolved this yet? Red and black client screen is a DirectX issue, please try launching with OpenGL instead.

14. what's openGL? i really want to play this server, but i don't want to stop playing because of this reason. And can someone tell my friend "dean is" that i can't load the client.  he will probably think that i quit.

15. William

William
  16. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Open your graphic settings from the login screen on the client and press OpenGL:

[​IMG]

17. William, the second my client loads client screen the whole screen turns red and black. so there is nothing for me to click

18. William

William
  19. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Yes, you'll have to delete your cache in order to manually set it to OpenGL. Delete the cache, load the client (it should get to login screen), then DO NOT login but instead click the wrench in the upper right corner of the screen, that is graphic settings. Change to OpenGL, and login. Always make sure before you login, its set to OpenGL.

20. Usually the client wont let me log in. Says that the psw or the login is wrong. Weirdly it still sometimes lets me in xD.

What to do?

IGN: candrax

21. William

William
  22. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Updated this guide with some new information.

23. Ex Pee

Ex Pee
  24. Joined:
    Jul 14, 2016

Great guide William

25. Cryo

Cryo
  26. Joined:
    Jul 19, 2016

Thank you god

27. Alexander

Alexander
  28. Joined:
    Sep 9, 2016

Great guide man, helped my little bro start playing.

29. Jeffreybix

Jeffreybix
  30. Joined:
    May 1, 2020