Enjoy Minecraft? Check out ProdigyCraft!
  1. William

William
  2. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Hello prodigies,

As some of you may have noticed I haven't been online much at all the past week; unfortunately I have a really large project going on at work right now with a deadline approaching in early March. I haven't had much time to spend on Prodigy-X development and community management, and with Tom and Keiron being away currently as well our weekly updates and thus our player base has started to take a hit as you've probably noticed.

We're hoping to turn things around this weekend with a server event hosted by @MineTurtle and @Destr0 (https://rsps.theprodigynetwork.com/forums/posts/36453). We've also continued our very expensive Runelocus toplist advertisement ($500/month) in an effort to pull in more new players. Right now our issue is retaining those players - we really need our existing players to bump up the support (get more votes, donations and referrals in). I'm confident we can get back up to a stable playerbase of 30, maybe even 50, if everyone works together. This community has been online for 6+ years now and we have been through dozens of highs and lows together, we always come out alive and strong - but it takes some more effort!

Expect a big weekly update tomorrow (Sunday) and some more events from the Community management team. Let's get back on track!

As always, happy gaming,

The Prodigy-X Team

3. matheus1

matheus1
  4. Joined:
    Dec 28, 2015

after this new client with the revision 742 im lagging to much.
    im league i can play normal without any fps drop but in PX i cant

5. William

William
  6. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Why ironic?

7. William

William
  8. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Sorry to hear that, I haven't noticed any difference in lag from our previous 727 client to the new 742 client. Maybe try playing with your graphics settings.

9. Triage

Triage
  10. Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015

Player retention has been a problem for years. Last time it came up as an issue, you guys changed the starting tutorial. This time you're asking for votes and donations? Seems like the wrong way of going about things.

11. Dj Slimey

Dj Slimey
  12. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016

I am happy to see effort being put into this, I have noticed new players coming in and checking out PX during the advert period.

Tbh I don't think new players even read the tut they just skip to the end. I've answered Idk how many new players who ask where or how to get to place. "Where are the teles? How do I get off this island? Whats the boats for? Whats the job board for? Where is slayer?"
    I don't mind answering questions.
    I kinda feel like these question shouldn't have to be asked.. I'm not saying "Fix the tut, it's broke. No one uses it" but maybe make it so you can't skip it and then give the option to go back with a command to review the tut?

^^^^^^^^^
    This probably needs its own post, so feel free to move/remove it if so. (just let me copy paste it first)

13. William

William
  14. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

There are obviously other things we are trying to do to resolve the retention issue ingame, but we'll die quickly if we can't have a steady stream of votes and donations.