Enjoy Minecraft? Check out ProdigyCraft!
  1. Kieran Cutforth

Kieran Cutforth
  2. Joined:
    Apr 9, 2016

Hi all,

Can a computer guru try and help me with an issue - currently getting the current message when trying to play on my mac - https://i.imgur.com/kfboVBK.png.

Tried clicking upgrade and download and nothing works.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT 1 - Ended up finding the thread which contains the stand alone download and the troubleshooting guide for MaOSx but now the game just gets stuck on Checking for updates.

Deleted the previous Cache's and rebooted Macbook Air but still no luck.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. Kieran Cutforth

Kieran Cutforth
  4. Joined:
    Apr 9, 2016

UPDATE - Managed to get the game to run and fully load and allow me to log in but only when the game is started in safe mode. if i attempt to change to Software or OpenGL for display options the game crashes immediately.

5. William

William
  6. Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014

Hey @Kieran Cutforth, sorry for the delay in my response, I've been away from my computer for a few days.

Mac does not like our client at all for some reason, and most players can only utilize safe mode but sometimes OpenGL (certain versions of Mac). Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this on my end as its a compatibility issue with Java and Mac. The thread Tom posted awhile back is the best solution we could come up with so far. Sorry about that!

Kieran Cutforth likes this.
  7. Eric

Eric
  8. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016

9. Kieran Cutforth

Kieran Cutforth
  10. Joined:
    Apr 9, 2016

Thanks Eric,

I have tried that thread already but it doesn't seem to help on my mac.

I can join while in safe mode which is fine because it still allows me to play.

Thanks for the suggestion tho @Eric

11. Eric

Eric
  12. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016

@Kieran Cutforth You're welcome, sorry to hear it's not working properly. Java can be a pain in the butt sometimes can't it.

Kieran Cutforth likes this.