Enjoy Minecraft? Check out ProdigyCraft!
?

What would you like to see happen with the Slayer Skill?

1. Leave Slayer as is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Update Slayer Shop with new Slayer Equiptment & Drops

17 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Eric

Eric
  2. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016

Greetings Prodigies,

Please have an open mind on this post and provide any feedback you see fit to help the current status of Slayer & the Shops.

This poll is to determine what YOU the players would like to see happen to Slayer Rework & Shop Rework.

I will list a couple different options and show you what I had in mind for the Rework,
    with enough feedback we will edit to what YOU the players would like to see.

The Team and I have been coming up with ideas for a while now. We'd like to show you and get your feed back.

Please keep in mind that Slayer & the Shops are very influential to one another and greatly effects the economy. The more stuff in the shop, the less slayer will be profitable & as rewarding. With less stuff in the shop. It might
    also make the game a little tougher when it comes to gathering supplies & gaining levels. BUT this will also bring lower tier content back to life.

I'd like to start off this very long in depth post with my personal favorite skill, Slayer.

Here is what I think needs to happen.

• Remove items from shops and add them to the NPC drop tables with the addition of new useful supplies/gear.
    • Add Higher tier Slayer Creatures & Bosses
    • Add more content to unlock for slayer such as - Slayer Helmets
    Requirements: It may be assembled after a player spends 400 Slayer reward points to learn how to craft one, additionally requiring level 55 Crafting. The Slayer level requirement for the slayer helmet is 35

Bonuses:

Tier 1 = Regular Slayer helmet - Tier 20 - It provides a 12.5% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment

[​IMG]

Tier 2 = Green Slayer Helmet - Tier 60 - Random chance to heal 10% of max hit - 14.5% Damage Increase To all Slayer Assignment Creatures - Requirement Slayer Level: 60

[​IMG]

Teir 3 = Blue Slayer Helmet - Tier 70 - 20% Cost Reduction to Slayer Shop - 16.5% Damage Increase to all Slayer Assignment Creatures - Requirement Slayer Level: 77
    [​IMG]

Teir 4 = Red Slayer Helmet - Tier 75 - 1/10 Chance of a Critical Hit. Obtains all Special Effects from previous versions of Slayer helmets & 17% Damage Increase to all Slayer Assignment Creatures -
    Requirement Slayer Level: 93
    [​IMG]

I feel as this would greatly bring Slayer back to life. I can go more in depth and add more things with everyones feedback.

Triage and Fusimalo like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin
  4. Joined:
    Sep 27, 2017

Love the idea of the slayer helmets, though, i will point out that the ones you posted are full slayer helmets, the ones where you add the extra 2 upgrades to make them better with the 12.5% bonuses. Should make the unlock for the crafting of it then require the player to get the 2 upgrades to then be able to upgrade it further with the colours

Dj Slimey, Mike and Eric like this.
  5. Ashley

Ashley
  6. Joined:
    Oct 24, 2015

#slayersucks

Redrum and Eric like this.
  7. Eric

Eric
  8. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016

SOMEONE DOESN'T ENJOY SLAYER

Dj Slimey likes this.
  9. Triage

Triage
  10. Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015

I'm glad Slayer is being recognized for how important it is to an economy. It's a fantastic money maker, great for introducing resources and equipment to the economy, and generally just an enjoyable enough skill and social activity. Seeing it be revamped and worked on is extremely reassuring and exciting.

William's update to the Slayer rewards store last year breathed a bit of life into Slayer. It incentivized grinding for cash rewards, and it introduced cosmetic rewards in the form of titles and pets. However, excluding obvious NPCs like Abyssal Demons, Ganodermic Beasts and Jadinkos, there was no resource reward for training the skill. Most of the drops you get are complete junk if you're not doing the primary slayer NPCs. I'd love to see your suggestion be implemented - I'd like to see resources and equipment either:
    a) be dropped by NPCs, or
    b) be purchasable using Slayer Points.​

Items I think would suit Slayer drops/rewards:
    Herblore supplies: noted grimy herbs, noted ingredients
    Crafting supplies: high-level gems
    Fletching: high-level bolt tips
    Construction: noted planks and/or noted logs
    Farming: high-level seeds
    Smithing: noted ores, bars
    Summoning: plenty of charms
    Magic: runes
    Armour pieces to sell for GP: rune, granite, elite black
    Crystal key pieces
    High-tier specialized flasks: overloads, prayer renewals, super prayer potions, etc
    Noted and unnoted food​

It would make sense to remove some, or all, of these items from the stores - or increase their price considerably. The server's primary supply of high level resources should come from skilling or NPC drops, not the GP shops. If resources are gathered more organically, then hopefully a more vibrant GP economy will form.

The use of Slayer equipment should be implemented. Ear Muffs against banshees, Nose Pegs against aberrant spectres, all that jazz. It'll get players to frequently check in with the Slayer Masters to get items and equipment, and it'll provide more of a need and a desire to get a Slayer Helmet beyond the offensive bonuses.

On the topic of the Slayer Helmet, I like your idea. Providing different levels of helmets will keep the content fresh and provide players with more consistent rewards and upgrades. Alongside your idea, there are also the OSRS masks that can be upgraded through bossing. I'm unsure as to how many OSRS items we'll be getting with the introduction of new cache data, but if the means are there then we should definitely implement it. Cosmetically, the helmets are super.

[​IMG]
    In the same OSRS vein (because they're doing such a good job with it), Superior Slayer monsters would definitely be a welcome update. They'll likely require a bit more work to implement and perfect, but I'm sure they'll be very well received.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Dj Slimey, Fusimalo, Mike and 2 others like this.
  11. Stephen

Stephen
  12. Joined:
    Nov 8, 2017

I agree with Triage, basic tasks should be more rewarding on the skilling supply front, much like the update to garg drops. Would be easier on the ironman front as well, if supplies are getting reworked from the shops.

Eric, Triage and Magilicious like this.
  13. Magilicious

Magilicious
  14. Joined:
    Mar 28, 2016
    Owner

I also agree with Triage and Stephen.

Eric and Triage like this.
  15. kurby 123

kurby 123
  16. Joined:
    Aug 1, 2016

i agree

17. Dj Slimey

Dj Slimey
  18. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016
    Server Support

Yes, you get a +1 from me.

Sign me up for getting that Dark Claw, I want me a purple helm.
    Also what about slayer specific armors, maybe also with the same requirements/stats and such.

12-16 Dark Claws to make a Stealth Ranger set. (Increase accuracy)*
    7-13 Kq Scales to make The Queens Mage set. (Less splash percentage)*
    14-20 Abyssal legs to make Abyssal Mage set. (More damage percentage)*
    9-15 Vorkath Horns to make The Rams Melee set. (Adds 1.3% modifier to attack and strength)*
    17-23 Kbd Claws to make Firebreather Ranger set. (Immune to dragons breath, no need for antifire potions of DFS)*
    *subject to changes of course.

This would include custom weapons like Staffs, Wands, Swords, 2Hnds, Claws, Mace, Hammers, Capes, Shields.
    Maybe even custom tools pickaxes/hatchets?
    @Eric

Eric likes this.
  19. Redrum

Redrum
  20. Joined:
    Oct 4, 2015

Are we doing custom shit..

21. Eric

Eric
  22. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016

I'm not really sure if we could do that. That would be a lot of customs lol.

Triage likes this.
  23. Triage

Triage
  24. Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015

^ Logically, commissioning a shit load of customs would cost a lot of money and would also harm the server by making it semi-custom. It would slash the authenticity of the PX and scare away a whole lot of players. The market for custom servers is small, and it's already been filled by other communities.

25. Dj Slimey

Dj Slimey
  26. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2016
    Server Support

Lol yeah I agree I was just spitballing, wasn't saying we should, but adding something like the above would be nice.